#9 Post some words of wisdom that speak to you

There are a lot of things that speak to me. Different things at different points of time in my life. 

The most recent one being something my brother said to me when I had spent almost full days in bed in complete darkness not talking to anyone, just sulking. I have written about this in one of my previous blogs as well. But since this one has been a roadblock for me for a while, might as well write it and move forward. 

He said "Aru, we do good work not for recognition or appreciation, not that that's not helpful, neither do we do it for the company or the manager or colleague we might like. We do good work for ourselves. We do so so that we can learn and grow. We do so because not doing so would be ethically wrong. If we are ready to give up the minute we don't see a reward, then our motivation, to begin with, is wrong and corrupt and needs to change. So stick around for as long as you like, but while you are here do keep giving your best for yourself "

And that made a lot of sense to me. 

Comments

All time highs

Where are the "Friends" now?

The Blockchain of Trust

Old Manali - Alternate realities

Adieu!

Is ignorance really bliss?

India is Akbar Birbal and Tenali Rama: हमने कभी फर्क नहीं किया

An amazing course!

30 days of my Notice Period

Discovering Serenity: A Digital Detox in the Tranquil Embrace of Shimla

Rain! :)